This is a space where writing students, emerging writers and aspiring publishing professionals can find out the latest publishing updates, jobs, writing opportunities and other bookish news.
CURRENT Job Opportunities: MELBOURNE
- Listen up! Bolinda Audio are looking for a publishing and production assistant.
- Enjoy the outdoors? Adventure Group is seeking a talented editor.
- Are you an arty type? Raine and Horne are seeking marketing/graphic design staff.
- A knack for production? Pearson is looking for a production editor.
- A way with words? Keep Left, a public relations and content marketing agency are seeking two copywriters.
PUBLISHING News and Events: APRIL 2017
- The Stella Prize has announced its shortlist for 2017. Names include: Georgia Blain, Maxine Beneba Clarke, Catherine de Saint Phalle, Emily Maguire, Heather Rose and Cory Taylor. (link)
- Free books! Text Publishing's monthly give away is now open. (link)
- As reported by Fairfax, Amazon will be fully operation in Australia by the end of 2018. (link)
- The Melbourne Writers Festival is recruiting for a 2017 Front of House Coordinator. Applications for other volunteer opportunities at the festival will open soon. (link)
- Bookings are open for 'So You Want to Write', a Kill Your Darlings workshop led by Hannah Kent and Rebecca Starford on April 29th. (link)
- Jane Harper's 'The Dry' wins book of the year at Indie Book awards 2017. (link)
- APA Publishing Internship Program is returning for 2017, applications for a July start are now open. (link)